Hi! Since I’m still a bit new around here, I thought I’d throw ya some random facts about myself. So without further adieu…
1. I am currently 27 years old.
2. I just recently started to figure my life out.
3. I am working on building my own business in the world of social media marketing. (I love being self employed!)
4. I suffered from depression for almost 10 years. In 2012 I found my cure. (Read more here)
5. I have two DUIs on my record. It’s not something I am proud of at all, but it is something I embrace as part of me, and now use it as a sort of “cautionary tale” because really, getting a DUI sucks. (Especially two. Don’t do it. Not even once.) You can read about it here.
6. I still live with my parents! Because of my history with depression, and a few shitty decisions I’ve made (everyone’s got one) I’m not ashamed of this at all. I have awesome parents & awesome siblings, and for the most part, I love living here.
7. I have a pretty cool boyfriend, John. We’ve only been dating a few short months, but I think it’s going pretty well…
8. I have a slight obsession with all things Internet and social media, but I know when to put my phone in my purse and have a face to face conversation with someone.
9. 3 years ago I got a 1991 Jeep Cherokee, and discovered the real world of off-roading… I LOVE IT. It has become one of my biggest passions in life.
10. That passion in life led me to start a little group/online community called Jeeps of SoCal. It’s my baby and pride & joy. Check it out, if you’d like.
11. I love Star Wars. Although, it’s the only thing Sci-Fi I can stand.
12. I have a thing for true crime. I always loved psychology, and I really love the dark side of psychology. That being said, I could watch Investigation Discovery shows 16 hours a day and be totally content. (That gives me 8 hours to sleep!)
13. I didn’t really go to college. I took classes here and there, always for a different major, but nothing ever stuck.
14. The only sport I enjoy is baseball. People ask why and the only explanation I can offer is that I take after my dad, and the only sport he’s ever really been into is baseball.
15. I’m an Angels fan, although I’m the worst fan ever. I know they suck and I have very little faith in them. Awful, I know.
16. I love writing. Journaling, being creative, and literally, just the physical act of writing words on paper with a pen.
17. I have pen pals! It’s something I’ve been doing about 7-8 years. I love getting something in the mail that isn’t a bill or a “pre approved credit card”.
18. I love living in Southern California. I like the idea that I can visit the ocean, desert, and mountains all within a day. (Doing so is on my bucket list!)
Ocotillo Wells | Laguna Beach | Big Bear
19. I’m still unsure of this whole blogging thing. I keep asking myself, “why does anyone care what I have to say!?” That’ll pass, right?
20. I consider myself lucky to be in the world of bloggers. From what I’ve seen, these ladies (and maybe some guys??) have each others backs. That’s quite encouraging.
Let’s talk. Comment and tell me something about you! Or, if we have something in common, PLEASE tell me. I’ll feel less alone. And it’s awesome to feel less alone.